Diploma of Christian Studies (Theology) (Level 5)
The School of Bible and Mission, a faculty of BCM, offers courses which lead to credit for Laidlaw College (formerly Bible College of New Zealand) awards, in particular, the Diploma of Biblical Studies (DipBS)
This qualification is the academic component of the first year of officer training at Booth College of Mission, through the School for Officer Training. In addition, these courses are all open to external students on a part-time or full-time basis.
The DipCS (Theo) is a one year programme (or equivalent part-time) of 120 credits. It is intended as a stand-alone diploma but also provides the necessary foundation for other higher Laidlaw College awards.
Courses are offered in the following areas:
- Biblical Theology
- Exploring the New Testament
- Foundations of Pastoral Practice
- Interpreting the Bible
- MIssion in Community (including Cross-cultural Mission and Maori Studies)
- Preaching for Mission and Ministry
- Spiritual Formation
- Systematic Theology
BCM does not currently offer studies in the following Laidlaw College fields;
- Marketplace Studies
- Christian Education
Diploma of Christian Studies (Leadership) (Level 6)
This qualification is the academic component of the second year of officer training at Booth College of Mission, through the School for Officer Training.
This qualification consists of eight 15 credit modules.
- Module 1 The Salvation Army Mission and Ministry
- Module 2 Officership/Corps Leadership 1: The Work
- Module 3 Mission 1: Evangelism and Disciple Making
- Module 4 Mission 2: Living and serving in Community
- Module 5 The Savaltion Army 2: Organisation and Goverance
- Module 6 Ministry 1: Leadership
- Module 7 Ministry 2: Management
- Module 8 Officership/Corps Leadership: The Commission
*Currently these modules are available only to those in training to be Salvation Army Officers.